Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Thailand Silk

This is the silk that Ang & Jon brought back with them from Thailand. My camera doesn't do them justice. Each one is iridescent and casts different colors, depending on the angle in which you are standing. Now home, they purchased 4 large rectangle shape canvases for me to stretch the material around. Great idea and they turned out beautiful. Tomorrow I will be bringing them to San Fran to see their new apartment and then go out to dinner. The restaurant is Gluten Free, so I will have to take some pics and let you know how it is. In the meantime, while I stare at each gorgeous canvas, it is very tempting to put them up on my own wall and when I see them tomorrow say, "What Silk?" I guess I'll have to settle for the scraps...which are also very beautiful ; )

3 comments:

Wanda said...

Ras ma Tas...Look at all those silk scraps. Don't tease... I want to see the canvases....

Anonymous said...

hi there. still around, and finally getting back into writing a little on my old bloggy page. i have lots of reading to catch up on here, that's for sure. hope all is ok. take care~

Unknown said...

Oh, I love the scraps! You could have fun with those. :)