Wednesday, January 11, 2012

bigger than life

Where have i been for the last few months...?
Experiencing some writing/sharing brain freeze and unlike my usual routine I have been doing some traveling : )
I've been to Washington and back a few times, went to BOTH Mark and Angela's graduations, injured my back, hosted Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day(and I do mean hosted...we housed 8 people for a week!) and after that I needed a vacation! So hubby and I went to the Calaveras Big Trees in California.

Here are some of the sights we saw that were bigger than life...
Yep...that's me



Yep...that's hubby! These trees were HUGE!



A car could drive through this space

Beautiful trails to walk on

So, it's January 2012 and in 5 more month's Angela & Jon will be getting married home at the farm, so I imagine more traveling and business is in order to get ready for that wonderful occasion.

Angela is now a credentialed teacher and subbing like crazy. Her heart was lost to the primary age children and hopes to get a full-time 1st-3rd grade class of her own.

Mark is a Certified Respiratory Therapist and applying at local hospitals. Yes, he made it all the way through the program and to think that his horrible car accident a few years ago was the means to launch a career.

I am a proud Momma : )

I miss writing/sharing, so will try to be more diligent. I think 2012 is going to be a year of priceless memories for my growing family...ah, bliss

6 comments:

Wanda said...

Oh Darlene, how kind of you to hold that big tree up from falling.

What darling pictures of you and Jay...and those trees are so amazing.

So proud of your kids too, Dar, they are such a tribute to life and following ones dreams.

Can't wait to chat one of these days.

Love and Hugs
Wanda Mom

Kara said...

those trees are breathtaking! i'm considering moving west in august -washington actually- (i live in va at the moment).... this is definintly on my bucket list :)

xx, kara

sweet expressions said...

gald to see you are doing well and blogging again


peace

Deb said...

Hi Darlene
I stop by often to see if you've posted & so happy to see you've written a post and are doing well ♥
The trees are amazing ~ I would love to see them!

Milady said...

Melanie here! I enjoyed this piece, please email me--I have a question about your blog. MelanieLBowen[at]gmail[dot]com

wildflowers said...

beautiful trees!! Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures.
I think i would love to visit them.
starting a bucket list i think.. :)