Tuesday, December 16, 2008

handmade love















My favorite thing about Christmas is unpacking the memories that come with all the handmade treasures. I have many because my great grandma's were crafty and added to my collection each year. In grade school, my children were lucky to have artsy teachers and they came home with some masterpieces. Now as adults, they still see their ornaments hanging on our tree. Nothing I could purchase can compare to the beauty and love I feel for all of my handmade goodies

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

tear...i an ready to come home and share in your holiday love. love you momma.

sweet expressions said...

your collection is beautiful!








Peace

Alberta Art Classes said...

I simply LOVE all of our handmade ornaments! Every year the memories come flooding back. The sweetness of when my children were wee is always a welcome trip down memory lane. I am glad I am not the only one hanging string wrapped straws and hand sewn reindeer. I just posted a few of our favorites today as well. Blessings on you and yours.

Dana and Daisy said...

I feel the same way! Your felt and sequined things are pretty!

Wanda said...

Homemade, full of love and memories... we all have them and how special they are...more each year.
I saw a ornament on Julie's tree last night that I made her when she was just a little girl.

Love my dear....lots of love
Wanda Mom

Jack K. said...

Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful!!!

Thanks for sharing.

Mary Timme said...

Ah! Christmas is such a time for memories. And the handmade ones are the best. They warm the cockles of any Grinch like heart and expand our hearts to bursting!