Friday, May 21, 2010

i heart containers


I found this treasure at my local nursery, an aged wooden box with a chalkboard front. Sitting inside is a succulent called a lotus vine, or "Parrot's Beak." This plant flowers all summer and are most unusual looking. With bright orange, yellow and red, it really does look like a bird beak. I can't wait for it to bloom and you know I'll post it here ;)


Our Uncle Richard and hubby's Mom are in Australia right now for a 6 week vacation. The post cards are coming and it sounds like they're having a great time. While we are swooning with 70-80 degree weather, they are freezing down under. They are being spoiled by the folks there and eating yummy foods. Some day I'll go too...

2 comments:

Wanda said...

You and Angela have such a talent for finding treasures....

Love your box and the postcards look like they are having a marvelous time.


Our vacation to Tahoe this year was one of the best we've ever had.

Loving you today, my darling D.
Wanda Mom

Jo said...

Hope you come here to visit one day, Sydney is a lovely cit

Take care, Jo