Friday, April 9, 2010

good cheer

Since my back door guests trek through my laundry room I have to pay more attention to it than usual. In the past, my washing machines were in the garage, or at least connected to it, not in this house. I have a large window with a pane just right for african violets. Years ago, I used to collect them, but they are very fussy and I couldn't keep them alive. So far...these 3 are surviving...




This bit of fabulousness I found in a garbage heap at the back of a garden center. It didn't have a price tag on it, so the checker asked me if,
"$10.00 was okay?"
..."Um, sure" I replied...with controlled outer calmness and cheerful inner squealing :)
(right now my mother is saying, "Of course!" my dad is thinking it "looks" like garbage and both of my sisters are turning a little bit green ;)
People who know me are convinced I have shopping Angel's.

That's not what my husband calls it...hee ;)

2 comments:

Deb said...

Love your little garden find! Perfect for pots of violets :-)
Have a wonderful weekend Darlene ♥

Wanda said...

Yes, you do have a shopping angel. That is such a find...and $10.

Your African Violets are beautiful....You will have the best Laundry Room around!